Friday 28 August 2009

Diet Again

I have set a goal of losing 5kg for my birthday in Dec. Should be achievable.

I lost some weight this time last year by a simple method of diet plus exercise.
Diet doesn't mean you have to eat less or avoid some foods you love.
My diet is simple---3 early meals a day, with no starchy food for evening meal.
I love starchy food, rice, noodles, pasta, pastry etc. I can't avoid them completely. So I change the time when I eat them. I move them from the evening meal menu to breakfast and lunch menu.
I have been vegetarian in the past but now start eating white meat. I add white meat to my diet as the protein in white meat is saturating and helps me lose weight.

Eat breakfast as early as possible. I eat at 7:30. Sometimes a bowl of cereal, sometimes wholemean bread with Flora Extra Light spread, other times a bowl of soup noodles with more vegs than noodles.
I am usually hungry by 11am. So I drink soya milk, eat some fresh fruits, or snack on some peanuts.

For lunch I eat vegetables and rice/noodles/pasta. I eat a big plate of food at 12:30. The key is to have 3 times more vegs than rice/noodles/pasta. I usually stirfry noodles/pasta with minimum oil and season with chilli sauce, as this requires no unhealthy dressing.

I eat evening meal at 5:30. Usually high protein food as protein is most saturating. Definitely no starchy rice/noodles/pasta. If I really crave for starchy food I go for potatoes as they contain 76% water and fill you up quickly. Most of the time I eat vegs, such as califlower, celery, broccoli, cabbage, beans, with chichen, fish or egg.

Whenever I feel like eating, I drink soya milk. It helps make me feel full straightaway.

I do pilates as regular exercise. It makes my body more flexible, makes me feel healthy, and most importantly, it helps build long lean muscles, and slims me down.
Another important thing is---don't sit down within 30 mins after a meal. This will prevent fat from building up around waistline.

I think eating is a habit. Once you get used to the routine, you enjoy it and the food cravings will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment